NR7101 Lan Config question.

Options
Ninja365
Ninja365 Posts: 4
First Comment
edited March 11 in Mobile Broadband

Hi,

I've just put up a NR7101 as a test bed ahead of trying to get my clients to upgrade from MikroTik to this device but am not able to configure the LAN settings with passthrough disabled. The device shows LAN settings as 192.168.1.0/24 but with the passthrough switched off and using the device as a DHCP/DNS server i am getting IP's on 192.168.2.0/24. Where can i configure this?

Thanks

Joe.

Accepted Solution

• Ninja365
    First Comment
    Answer ✓
    Options

Ok, so have answered my own question by spending a little more time researching. The 192.168.1.0/24 Lan is purely for wireless and is for configuration purposes only. Not to be used for Internet.

To access the second LAN that is used when passthrough is disabled, simply go to the LAN settings and change the drop down from LAN to Bridge and there are the settings.

This is a really good piece of equipment and is very simple to use out of the box, I would like to see maybe a few more bells and whistles on it like MikroTik but overall very impressed with it.

All Replies

• Ninja365
    First Comment
    Answer ✓
    Options

Ok, so have answered my own question by spending a little more time researching. The 192.168.1.0/24 Lan is purely for wireless and is for configuration purposes only. Not to be used for Internet.

To access the second LAN that is used when passthrough is disabled, simply go to the LAN settings and change the drop down from LAN to Bridge and there are the settings.

This is a really good piece of equipment and is very simple to use out of the box, I would like to see maybe a few more bells and whistles on it like MikroTik but overall very impressed with it.

Consumer Product Help Center