Regular Pixel 6 screen question...

holz75

Mar 27, 2012
Visit site
Hey everyone! Quick question about the screen. My OCD brain is noticing that the screen doesn't stay perfectly white (on a white background like the Chrome homepage) when you move the phone around and look at it from multiple angles. It seems to get like an orange/red tinge to it. It kinda feels like it's just a product of the OLED, but I was wondering if anyone else has that? My Pixel 4 XL did not, so I'm just curious.

Thanks!

Smokeaire01

Jul 3, 2015
Visit site
Hey everyone! Quick question about the screen. My OCD brain is noticing that the screen doesn't stay perfectly white (on a white background like the Chrome homepage) when you move the phone around and look at it from multiple angles. It seems to get like an orange/red tinge to it. It kinda feels like it's just a product of the OLED, but I was wondering if anyone else has that? My Pixel 4 XL did not, so I'm just curious.

Thanks!
My Pixel 6 Pro screen looks just fine at any angle. Even if it would look a little off at an angle it wouldn't bother me since I look at the screen straight on, not at an angle.

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
It could just be how the phone was made. Out of curiosity, do you have your colour settings set to Natural or Boosted?

holz75

Mar 27, 2012
Visit site
I found this on Reddit, and it's exactly what I'm seeing.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211106-082038~2.png
    Screenshot_20211106-082038~2.png
    119.8 KB · Views: 24

holz75

Mar 27, 2012
Visit site
Another update. I just checked out the display unit at a local Best Buy, and it has the exact same thing! Weird. Maybe it is a product of the screen?

Maljunulo

Jan 17, 2016
Visit site
How much time do people spend looking at their phone off axis?

Most I know look at it pretty much straight on.

Maybe it's just me.

NMCynthia

Jan 18, 2018
Visit site
I have the Pixel 6, and the white pages look perfectly white from any angle. This is only my second day with it, though. Did your white pages look off color from day 1?

holz75

Mar 27, 2012
Visit site
It's the Pixel 6 not the Pro, so it can't go to 120 Hz. I actually went to 2 Best Buys and an AT&T store, and every display phone plus mine are exactly the same. Perfect whites straight on, but you start to get light bands of pink hue when you move the phone around. It's just annoying! I know the Pro has a green tint issue, so it's not like this is unheard-of.

J Dubbs

Jun 4, 2016
Visit site
How much time do people spend looking at their phone off axis?

Most I know look at it pretty much straight on.

Maybe it's just me.

I would think it's the people next to you trying to read your screen for "whatever" reason that would have that issue. Google should have thought of the peeping toms when they installed those screens lol. Darn Google :p