Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bluedoggiant

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Jul 13, 2007
MD & ATL,GA
which makes a better dressup for my pc before i give it to my lil bro, i want it to look like a mac, but i cant choose between flyakiteosx which is very popular or winosx which seems more practical, the sounds in winosx sound better than flyakiteosx

bluedoggiant

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Jul 13, 2007
MD & ATL,GA
which makes a better dressup for my pc before i give it to my lil bro, i want it to look like a mac, but i cant choose between flyakiteosx which is very popular or winosx which seems more practical, the sounds in winosx sound better than flyakiteosx

zephead

macrumors 68000
Apr 27, 2006
in your pants
The experience I've had with using any extra programs to make look XP look like OS X is dreadful. Those programs use up lots of RAM, which takes away from the performance of the computer. Hell, I even had to get a hard drive enclosure to get my files off before I had to wipe the disk because one of the many OS X skin programs I had screwed it up to the point that a repair installation wouldn't fix it. I guess it comes down to whether you (and/or your brother) prefer form over function.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.