Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

KonginChains hires, hipoly sculpt derivatives portfolio

polycounter lvl 12
Offline / Send Message
KonginChains polycounter lvl 12
As for my debut blog and just for something i would put next to my blog header
I decided to make a character that would visually represent my name, “KonginChains”,
so i thought of making this monkeyman prisoner bust…

kong_cangue_main2.jpg

kong_cangue2.jpg

kong_body1.jpg

Hope you like, C & C welcome!

Just recently I wanted to test out the incredible convenience that zspheres2 brings to the workflow and i was immediately hooked to the tool and next thing you know I came up with this creature bust. It pretty much ended up looking like a mutated dobby or something, I was basically making it up as i went along. Now that it’s there, I might as well finish it. Still needs a lot of work and refinement, and probably more ideas. So far It’s about 10 hrs of work.

mutateddobby_wip1.jpg

Replies

• KonginChains
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    KonginChains polycounter lvl 12
    This is a mercenary game model and sculpt targeted quality for a AAA nextgen game i hope.
    He's got two outfits one casual the other the venture outfit. I'm still currently finishing up the venture outfit's textures,
    I'm also thinking of sporting him a cowboy hat. This guy looks like a kill-for-hire dude out in the himalayas or something.

mercenary_sculpt1.jpg

mercenary_sculptfinished2.jpg

Hi y’all… My final entry “Thanatos Tyrant” of the recent boss battle challenge over at Cgsculpt.org is now finished. The character was modeled and designed as well by me. This character was inspired by the resident evil series as well as weapon X wolverine. I learned a lot along the way and have refined my approach, workflow and ideas for character design and hard body sculpting that would benefit me for new characters to come. Unfortunately, the half body work in progress shots made were all that was turned in for the final entry over at cgsculpt.org, luckily it still placed an honorable mention 20th place over 150+ contestants. I could’ve wondered how far this would’ve gone if i turned it in as it is now.

front3qtr_tyrant_thru-onepass.jpg
    front_tyrant.jpg
    front_tyrant_closeup.jpg
    front3qtr_tyrant_closeup.jpg
    sideview_tryant.jpg
    2nd3qtr_tyrant.jpg
    back_tyrant1.jpg