Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Atik 4000 back focus

Davey-T

• 4 months later...

Ugh, this is the problem I had when I first bought my 4000 a couple of years ago.  The fact that there is any backfocus written on the schematic at all is because I harassed them for a week or two, by email, on their forum, etc.  I like Atik cameras, and their people are nice enough, but they are oh so very fuzzy on really important stuff like this.  As I recall, when I finally managed to get someone at Atik to address the question, they seemed not to even understand what I was asking for, and certainly did not seem to grasp the implications of mechanical v optical backfocus.

Here's my original topic on the matter from two years ago, which goes some way to answering your question:

http://stargazerslounge.com/topic/151758-atik-4000-back-focus/

I was in the process of researching the Atik One, and have met a similar problem: I want to know the distance from the sensor surface to the filters.  Having emailed them, I've received a reply saying that the guy who knows such things is away on holiday, and can I ask again next week.

1) I'm concerned that a company rests so heavily on one man's expertise that the rest of their staff can't even put their hands on a schematic for an existing and potential customer.

2) Ask again next week?  Do Atik emails have a best before date?  Will my original email have dissolved by the time the guy returns from holiday?  Does the concept of email forwarding escape them?

Rant over.

Archived