NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

QHY IMG132e Vs Neximage 5

Mav359

Hi guys

I am looking to buy a ccd to do some lunar/plantary with, i have a QHY8l for DSO's so thats not a requirement. I was also looking at just a USB powered camera in the £150 - £300 mark.

I have a C9.25 which i use with a hyperstar for my DSO's, but in its standard config its a beast on the planets and was looking to do some Lunar/Plantary with it. The reason i only want USB powered is because i also have a MAK 127slt which makes a great little grab-&-go scope which i can throw in the boot along with my laptop and power tank. Its mainly for visual in dark skies but if i can do some Solar/Lunar/Planetary whilst i'm at it then why not.

I have been looking at both of these cameras but havent any experience of either of them and would like to get some opinions, thoughts or experiences from anyone who's had a go. Or is there anything else and why

Cheers

Why specifically these two?

Does it have to be color?  You could look at the QHY5L-IIc color camera. It's a sensitive little camera and people (same sensor as the ZWO ASI120MC) achieve very good results with it.

Or for even more sensitivity go for the QHY5L-IIm Mono camera.

Saves yourself some Money.

Tho, the QHY IMG132E with the Sony CMOS sensor looks intriguing with similar QE as the Aptina sensors.

Check!

Hi,

I would say that the 132 has a much better sensor than the celestron offering, what the drivers are like is anyone's guess. Have a look at this graph. It is up there with my ICX 674 and that is the state of the art for the moment but has much narrower band width.

Regards,

A.G

post-28808-0-36294200-1398205014_thumb.j

Cheers A.G

However......

Can you explain that with crayons :-)

Am i reading this right that you want a broad wavelength at a high QE?

Yes,

The broader the spread the better. I myself have a ASI 120 MM and that is very good camera.

A.G

Archived