Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

First light with baader uhc filter on un modded 1100D

it is worth getting the uhc filter for an un modified eos 1100D, i took these last night with my new baader uhc-s lbooster filter  :smiley:

5 minut iso 800  with baader uhc-s filter post-12098-0-63948600-1399137943_thumb.j  5 minut iso 400 with sky watcher lp filter post-12098-0-10278800-1399138052_thumb.j

and then took 3 x 300 second subs no darks flats or bias lifes and got this before the sky got lighter post-12098-0-59911100-1399138582_thumb.j

i am well chuffed with this filter and not bad for an un modified canon eos 1100D  :smiley: .

hi leveye top left is with the baader uhc-s l booster filter - top right is the skywatcher lp filter - bottom is the baader uhc-s l booster filter.

could not give a different M27 with skywatcher lp filter as it was taken with 400d so they would not be a true comparison. hope this helps to explain it.

hi happy-kat i have 3 tipe's of street lights around my garden yellow sodium-white mercury and led.

i looked through the scope with the uhc filter on at the yellow sodium street lights and all you could see was a dim orange bulb the LED lights are not a problem and the white mercury was cut by at least half.

so now i am not stuck at 5 to 8 minute exposures, ill have to do a test to find out how long i can expose for before it gets white out.

sorry im like a kid with a new toy  :smiley:

Hi,

I have used this filter  ( in conjunction with a Baader IR block filter ) on quite a few DSO targets including galaxies and have found it to be excellent both as a broadband LP filter and also an Ha enhancer. The only caveat is the light loss that is excess of 1 3/4 stops  so a longer exposure is necessary, somewhere in the region of 600~900s per sub @ F6  if the guiding and the sky background conditions  allow it. The SW LP filter works very well on Galaxies with an IR block filter.

Regrads,

A.G

Archived