Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Does anyone own a Meade Deep Sky Imager Pro III?

Hello all,

Am seriously considering buying a good oxidation secondhand including LRGB filters of this model; as my first dedicated deep sky CCD camera. The only drawback (albeit at this price bracket) I can surmise is that there is no active cooling. However the absence of active cooling may be irrelevant whilst getting familiar with deep sky imaging?

I did instead think of attaching a computer CPU fan to the rear heat sink face as a simple addition that should introduce some cooling?

Just wanted to gauge the views and opinions on this model from those who own or owned it.

Thank you in advance.

I did instead think of attaching a computer CPU fan to the rear heat sink face as a simple addition that should introduce some cooling?

Meade do a purpose built fan that fits the DSI I & II variants of their CCD range but based upon a quick Google, it looks like it doesn't fit the DSI III.  However other DSI III owners have done what you've mentioned and utilised a PC fan: http://autostarsuite.net/forums/thread/19425.aspx

Archived