NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Ha Rosette using RedCat-51+ASI183MM-Pro

Adreneline

Hi Everyone.

Beautiful though the Moon is it is not helpful when it comes to imaging DSOs.

This is 52x300s of Ha taken with a RedCat 51 and ASI183MM, unguided on a CEM25-EC. The image was pre-processed in APP and post-processed entirely in PI.

Rosette-rc183-Ha-x2.thumb.png.e7c45d79cfd06767801f9f4ff64b0245.png

Some would argue this is not a good combination with the relatively slow RedCat (f4.9) and the small pixels (2.4um) of the ASI183MM combined with a 6nm Ha Astronomik filter.

Be that as it may I am pretty happy with the end result; the addition of OIII and SII might have to wait for a moonless night.

This was just an experiment and the 183 will be going back on the Samyang 135mm and the ASI1600MM will be going back on the RedCat because as a dual setup it works better for me in terms of fov.

Thanks for looking - as ever all C&C are welcome.

Adrian

• Like 20

26 minutes ago, geeklee said:

Very nice Adrian.  With the right integration, the RedCat is still fast enough to get a detailed and deep image on the 183MM.

Thank you Lee.

I think it is a great combination and I don't understand why the ASI183 gets so much bad press. This image is let down by the 'seeing' on the night and Mr Moon trying to get in on the act - nothing to do with a slow refractor or a small pixel camera.

Slow and steady wins the race! ;)

Adrian

• Like 1