New 2011 Fazer

AML

Yamaha's Japan site has the new 2011 Yamaha FZ1 Fazer GT.

I think the specs are the same, but there's a new color, screen (Y's gear touring screen which im buying), helmet lock, full cowling/fairing.
And I think ABS too!

looks nice!

FZ1 FAZER GT - ƒoƒCƒNEƒXƒN[ƒ^[ | ƒ„ƒ}ƒn”*“®‹@»•iƒTƒCƒg

2011FazerGT.jpg

Last edited:
The 2011 FZ1S in Australia has a similar colour but no lower fairing.
The picture above is not an ABS model as i can't see any sensors on the front wheel.
This one looks pretty sweet though.

Yea I wondered about that, but on the JP web site it did say something about ABS. (couldnt really read it as I cant read much Jp)

Oh and mods, maybe move this to the news section?

Yea I wondered about that, but on the JP web site it did say something about ABS. (couldnt really read it as I cant read much Jp)

Oh and mods, maybe move this to the news section?

They were going on about the ABS plastic used in the lower fairing.

They were going on about the ABS plastic used in the lower fairing.

lol, cos that use of ABS is not at all misleading....

I dont really get how they can release the GT without a single tweak.

ABS would have been awesome. Or at least a newer map for the ECU or something.

Wish they would just release a cross plane crank FZ1 with new styling.
Really love the new Kawasaki Ninja 1000.

Last edited:
Yeah I reckon a bike with full fairings, cross plane crank motor and similar ergo's to the Ninja 1000 would be a pretty good seller.

I think that Yamaha really need to start looking towards what other manufacturers are bringing out and start doing something similar.

The FZ1 is a good bike but the Z1000 and the Z1000SX are both far better bikes. The Triumph Street Triple is a far better bike than the FZ8, The ZX6R and GSXR600 both better the R6, and BMW, Aprillia, Honda, Suzuki and Kawasaki all produce better litre sports bikes.

Yamaha need to update their range and consider more model variations on bikes like the FZ8 and FZ1 to offer tourer/sportsbike hybrids like the Z1000SX.

At the current time, Yamaha are asking big money for bikes which just don't cut it with the opposition. I don't know what their sales are like but apart form the R125, there's not many new Yamaha's about compared to other makes.

Came on YAMA!!!!!

Guys I hate from I was a child the terrible sistem that trasforms your new bike in an old one: first year new model,second restilyng,3new mod...ORRIBLE!! So a great thanks to yamaha to mantein fz1 the same from 2006... But my love for this brand that more than any other entroduced new tecnology in the real bike world(yes more than honda...)is to much to stay looking bmw whit the first "normal" sport bike of her production,take all the best comments as possible as the 4in line cilinders on aluminium duble arms chassis was invented in german! Kawa play first whit a total new zx10r and the z1000 line,very cool on a suite version..the only think that can did whit no sports resultates... But Yamaha must do THE CROSS PLANE FZ1!!!! A lot of STUPID peaple says that CP is only marketing but the 09R1 is very like a twin cilinders on lowers rpm(R1 ned ABSOLUTLY traction control Sport ABS and more Hp to win on the market!!),so image what can we feel on a CP Fz1!!
Came on YAMAHA!!!! Whe belive in 3 DIAPASON!!!

I agree that changing the bike too often is not a good thing for customers as it really just pisses people off.

But it has been 6 years since the current FZ1 came out. Really need a new model now.

If not, I can see people leaving Yamaha and going to kawasaki for the new Ninja 1000 which features all the things the new FZ1 needs to have.

Radial/ABS breaks, adjustable screen, kick ass styling.

Last edited:
I couldn't agree more... straight out of the box, the N1000 has the scenario handled. How the two bikes stack up to each after modding remains to be seen.

DEAR YAMAHA: Please, just put the cross-plane motor into the frame, give it a better rear shock, give it a mild re-styling and call it a day. We want that motor, I repeat....

It makes me wonder if they even plan to keep producing it or what. 6 years or longer without a redesign is fine for 250 nighthawks and the such. This class is a different deal.

A FZ1 with cross plane engine, Xeon front lights, integratred LED directional and rear light, easy mounting side cases as the patent on the FJR. The competitors already have most of this stock.

/AGM

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I herd at my favourite Yamaha shop in Auckland that there is a new model FZ1 for 2012 with a crossplane motor. Does anyone know this is true? Yamaha New Zealand is only bringing in 800s now but we can order a 1000 if needed.

I herd at my favourite Yamaha shop in Auckland that there is a new model FZ1 for 2012 with a crossplane motor. Does anyone know this is true? Yamaha New Zealand is only bringing in 800s now but we can order a 1000 if needed.

Until it's confirmed by Yamaha themselves it's all just a rumor...lol. One would think that Yamaha has to revamp the FZ1 for 2012 since there's new competition out there that has been recently revised (Kawasaki Ninja 1000 and Suzuki Bandit 1250 to name a couple). The cross-plane engine would definitely make it stand out from the crowd ;)

When they do revise it I hope they leave it naked with options of fairings. That was one of my original reqirments when I was looking for a bike. HAS TO BE NAKED!!!!! :cheers:

When they do revise it I hope they leave it naked with options of fairings. That was one of my original reqirments when I was looking for a bike. HAS TO BE NAKED!!!!! :cheers:

Im sure that will always be an option.

In Japan we have the FZ1 (naked), and the FZ1 Fazer (fairing)

Kawasaki did the same with the Z1000 and now Ninja 1000.
(however both bikes are re-imports in Japan...)

Well, last year and this year, they really focused on the FZ8 to open up that market.

So maybe next year we will get a new FZ1 :tup:

I have seen some FZ1 S bikes in the US converted to naked bikes and believe US didnt get any choice with S and N models only getting S models. We got both here in NZ but they both take ages to sell at bike shops. The N looks more like a mean streetfighter than an S and thats the look alot of US riders want and I dont blame them cause an N is a hot loooking bike. All I want to see is a GEN 3 Crossplane Fazer!:banghead:

The great debate = crossplane motor. Having ridden the new R1 & the 07-08 4 valve motor i can say the crossplane feels slow and dull, low-midrange tq feels quite good, the 07-08 4 valve motor pulls hard and has an awesome mid-range top-end rush that the crossplane lacks. I think suspension upgrades, adjustable rearsets, radial-brakes, fly-by-wire & variable stacks with the full-power 07-08 motor would be the ticket. After reading a review on the new V4 Tuono Yamaha has to make something hardcore not some watered down sports tourer...

Last edited by a moderator:
Back