Question about Mrod with the LW barrel

Hellow everyone, I am new to this site and pcp air guns. I purchased a Benjamin marauder F&T with a Lothar Walther barrel. I have a sparrow infestation and my 35 year old Benjamin pump is wore out. I am wondering
Is there a designation on the rifle itself the shows it is equipped with the Lothar Walther barrel? The model number on the box shows BP2264RLW But the model # on the rifle just shows BP2264R. Thanks

The R would mean that the rifle is regulated. I don’t know of any models with just an R. Should have at least a W or an S.
If there is a W or S that would be for wood or synthetic stock. If there are no other letters than that would be the model # for the unregulated rifle. The L would be for a Lother Walther barrel. There might be a combination of letters like RW which would mean it’s a regulated rifle with a wood stock with the Crosman barrel. LW would be an unregulated rifle with Lother Walther barrel and wood stock. RLW would be the regulated rifle with wood stock and Lother Walther barrel.
You can always remove the shroud and air stripper and look at the end of the barrel (with the gun unloaded of course) and see how many groves you see. LW barrels have 12 groves and the Crosman barres have 10 I believe.
You can always call Crosman customer service and ask. They are generally very helpful

Reactions: Ron9894
The R would mean that the rifle is regulated. I don’t know of any models with just an R. Should have at least a W or an S.
If there is a W or S that would be for wood or synthetic stock. If there are no other letters than that would be the model # for the unregulated rifle. The L would be for a Lother Walther barrel. There might be a combination of letters like RW which would mean it’s a regulated rifle with a wood stock with the Crosman barrel. LW would be an unregulated rifle with Lother Walther barrel and wood stock. RLW would be the regulated rifle with wood stock and Lother Walther barrel.
You can always remove the shroud and air stripper and look at the end of the barrel (with the gun unloaded of course) and see how many groves you see. LW barrels have 12 groves and the Crosman barres have 10 I believe.
You can always call Crosman customer service and ask. They are generally very helpful
Thanks I will do that.

20220627_202815.jpg

Hellow everyone, I am new to this site and pcp air guns. I purchased a Benjamin marauder F&T with a Lothar Walther barrel. I have a sparrow infestation and my 35 year old Benjamin pump is wore out. I am wondering
Is there a designation on the rifle itself the shows it is equipped with the Lothar Walther barrel? The model number on the box shows BP2264RLW But the model # on the rifle just shows BP2264R. Thanks
Just shoot a pellet into a pail of water. Recover the pellet and if it shows 12 lands then its LW.

Sure you can do that too I suppose but I don’t keep large pales of water laying about so for me I think it would be faster to just remove the shroud and check the barrel itself. The funny thing is it would have resulted in the exact same conclusion to the question at hand so there’s no right or wrong method.

@Ron9894 hope your LW Mrod is a good shooter. I have several guns with LW barrels and they have all shoot great.

Sure you can do that too I suppose but I don’t keep large pales of water laying about so for me I think it would be faster to just remove the shroud and check the barrel itself. The funny thing is it would have resulted in the exact same conclusion to the question at hand so there’s no right or wrong method.

@Ron9894 hope your LW Mrod is a good shooter. I have several guns with LW barrels and they have all shoot great.
Its decent I guess. I really don't have anything to compare it to. My 35 year old benjamin 342 wore out and I am use to shooting my precision 22lr from 50 to 275 yards. I could shoot farther at my place but I would have to shoot across the front yard and the wife's garden. Then I get the look. That being said I topped it with a vortex viper pst 5-25×50mm optic and the best I am getting is about 1.25 to 1.5 in groups at 50yds. To be honest I am a little disappointed I was hoping for better based on the youtube reviews but then again it is youtube and knowing what I know about ballistics I don't think you can expect too much from a 14.3 grain 2 cent pellet at 820 FPS. Also others may know better but the 14.3 CPUM pellets I have been shooting seem to like 800 FPS the best. I get my best groups at that tuning. I bought this gun to take care of a sparrow infestation in my rv and barn and it has certainly done that. Inside 50 yards they are pretty much done. I was going to get an FX impact but I have a lot of $ tied up in guns and this seemed to be a good value for the money plus no wait. It was in stock. Sorry I didn't mean to be so long winded. Cheers