all grey picture on Atik 4000 Generic equipment discussions · Frédéric Tapissier · ... · 16 · 556 · 4

ftapissier 4.82
· 
Hello. during a session with an atik 4000, suddenly the downloaded image was gray on the lower part of the image, then all those that followed were also completely gray

The power works properly and the camera is well recognized on PCs My friend - Astronono -  has exactly the same problem. And I heard that owners of atik 11k also had this problem

I sent the cam to atik: 800€ O.o

they don't know how to repair, they change the cards
As this is the price it cost me I made it come back I'm pretty sure it's not much. Like an HS capacitor or something like that

Has anyone had the same problem and (luckily) has anyone been able to identify the problem? thank you for your return

fredouchka
stevendevet 6.77
· 
It might help if you post a picture of the issue that you're having.
ftapissier 4.82
· 
you right ! : i'll do it this evening.
andreatax 7.80
· 
I'm sure a picture of a grey screen is very informative...
Edited ...
ftapissier 4.82
· 
·  2 likes
andrea tasselli:

That's exactly what I thought, but maybe Steven wanted to read the exif header of the file or something like that.
stevendevet 6.77
· 
andrea tasselli:

someone made millions by writing about 50 different shades of them.. So.. maybe..

Either way, your comment doesn't help much either.
There also is a "half grey" image. who knows.. perhaps someone can spot things.. sensor faults, reading faults or something else. Is there still noise? is there a gradient? it is just flat grey?.  I probably won't be able to get much out of it, but someone with better knowledge might do depending on what it looks like.
It perhaps would provide a better starting point than: "it's grey" 

You already have done the simple checks of trying a different computer. So at least that part of the "test" is done.

Did you try different software. NINA, APT, etc?  Might not make a difference.. but might rule out.. something?..
Did you try different exposure lengths? (probably won't make a difference, but still)
Did you try different cooling temperatures?
Did you try it using new cables?

Either way, can't find much on google about the issue. 
Doesn't help that googling "astrophotography" and "grey" usually just lists mono camera's..

the only issue I could find was this:

top being with a flashlight directed into the sensor.
bottom being a normal 20 seconds dark exposure

No idea if that is similar to what you are seeing. unfortunately the topic that had this comment in it, didn't come to an answer or solution.  So either way, it doesn't help much.
image.png
Edited ...
ftapissier 4.82
· 
(simluation)
This is a simulation
the images were recording normally, but after a while one image appeared like this and the others were all gray
integration ngc7000 -ha-atik 4000 -fsq106 flat simu.jpg

like that
integration ngc7000 -ha-atik 4000 -fsq106 flat simu2.jpg
ftapissier 4.82
· 
i have tryed many software with the same result
andreatax 7.80
· 
·  1 like
I blew a capacitor once in an Audine and I had the same results.
romonaga 4.82
· 
·  1 like
Frédéric Tapissier:
(simluation)
This is a simulation
the images were recording normally, but after a while one image appeared like this and the others were all gray
integration ngc7000 -ha-atik 4000 -fsq106 flat simu.jpg

This looks like what happens when my camera loses connection to computer.
Edited ...
ftapissier 4.82
· 
To tell the truth, I very quickly thought of a faulty capacitor. but I don't have sufficient knowledge to identify which one and even less to change it. but I have friends who could possibly undertake to change it. if i find which one to change
andreatax 7.80
· 
With SMDs is very difficult to tell and even more so removing the faulty one. To test if a capacitor is blown just measure the resistance. If it is always very low this would suggest a blown capcitor, as a fully functioning capacitor would slowly charge up thereby increasing its resistance.
JO_FR_94 6.49
· 
Salut @Frédéric Tapissier ,
When did you buy it and was it bought through an EU retailer (French, German etc...) ?
If that's less than 2 years, you can oblige them to replace it or repair it, provided it was used correctly :
https://europa.eu/youreurope/business/dealing-with-customers/consumer-contracts-guarantees/consumer-guarantees/index_fr.htm

Not sure that helps, but you may try... because paying 800 euros for faulty material, that's a bit unfair...
ftapissier 4.82
· 
Jérémie:
When did you buy it and was it bought through an EU retailer (French, German etc...) ?
If that's less than 2 years, you can oblige them to replace it or repair it, provided it was used correctly :
https://europa.eu/youreurope/business/dealing-with-customers/consumer-contracts-guarantees/consumer-guarantees/index_fr.htm

Not sure that helps, but you may try... because paying 800 euros for faulty material, that's a bit unfair...

Sadly, no, I bought it used. It worked very well for several months before breaking down. In addition this camera was designed about fifteen years ago I would say
astroCH 0.00
· 
Frédéric Tapissier:
Jérémie:

Sadly, no, I bought it used. It worked very well for several months before breaking down. In addition this camera was designed about fifteen years ago I would say

Salut Frédéric,

As-tu essayé de remplacer le câble USB? Ou peut-être la prise de la caméra a un défaut au niveau des contacteurs?

Christophe
ftapissier 4.82
· 
Christophe Perroud:
As-tu essayé de remplacer le câble USB? Ou peut-être la prise de la caméra a un défaut au niveau des contacteurs?

oui J’ai changé le câble USB. Je travaille dans le support informatique, j’ai l’habitude d’effectuer des tests croisés
Yes, I changed the USB cable. I work in IT support, I'm used to cross-testing
Edited ...
ftapissier 4.82
· 
FYI I changed
  • usb cable
  • power supply
  • pc
  • operating system
  • used native drivers, ascom, indi

the problem persists in all cases.

Register or login to create to post a reply.