[Request] Windows Vista final wallpapers

Download requests and offers should be made in this forum.
Do not request a download if you have under 10 posts. You will be ignored.
Forum rules
Please read the following rules before posting a download request in this area:

1. Don't post a request if you have under 10 posts as stated in the rules. If you do anyway, it will be deleted without further notice.
2. Requests for anything against our rules will not be entertained and you will be warned.
3. Check that we don't already have the file on our FTP servers by using the database linked in the navigation.
Eggs6131

[Request] Windows Vista final wallpapers

Post by Eggs6131 »

Heya, just wondering if anyone had all the wallpapers from Windows Vista, or one of its' Service Pack betas?
Build 5840 doesn't have all of these and the ones it does have pixelate when stretched to fit :?

Thanks in advance :)
... what are you looking at?

x010
Staff

Re: [Request] Windows Vista final wallpapers

Post by x010 »

Yes , I do have them.
Currently uploading them...
EDIT 1 - Uploaded. You can download it from http://www.lead-board.com/special/others/Wallpaper.zip

leomate

Post by leomate »

I have Vista Starter Wallpaper (different wallpaper set from another vista edition)

https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=1 ... der%2c.jpg

Still uploading process- Done

Eggs6131

Post by Eggs6131 »

Thanks everyone, all of these are greatly appreciated! Am downloading them now and will plop them into my Wallpapers folder immediately :mrgreen:

Maza

Post by Maza »

The Windows Vista wallpapers are, in my opinion, the best looking wallpapers in a modern Windows release. While I very much enjoy the default wallpaper in Windows 7, I always felt that the other wallpapers were out of place or bizarre (especially the ones included in the Characters theme). The wallpapers in Windows 8, while not as bizarre, are a little boring.

Anyway, for the most part, Microsoft did a wonderful job keeping with the Vista namesake (think auroras, giraffes, elephants, mountains).

Speaking of mountains, how many are aware that one of Vista's default wallpapers was taken in 2003?
http://news.softpedia.com/news/The-Stor ... 3931.shtml

"We do not view the desktop as a mode, legacy or otherwise."
Windows Vista: Microsoft Speech Center | Windows Vista Saved Search chronicle

oscareczek

Post by oscareczek »

Maza wrote:The Windows Vista wallpapers are, in my opinion, the best looking wallpapers in a modern Windows release. While I very much enjoy the default wallpaper in Windows 7, I always felt that the other wallpapers were out of place or bizarre (especially the ones included in the Characters theme). The wallpapers in Windows 8, while not as bizarre, are a little boring.
I agree.
Windows 8:
- that flowers aren't beautiful, just a picture with 2 flowers - boring.
- img1-6,13 - lines, lines, lines. I'm not on a Maths class.
- img7-11 - flowers, nothing special.
- img12 - the worst wallpaper with 2 leaves.
- lock screens - this is the first thing I disable in W8, so if I didn't have W8 on my disc, I wouldn't remember it. Now I see and what I see? !@#$%^&* lines.
RESULT: the worst Windows' wallpapers ever.
Windows 7:
- Harmony - pretty wallpaper, Starter version - ugly.
- Scenes, Characters - abstraction, I don't like it.
- Landscape - the one with waterfall (img10) is fine, anything else - not.
- Architecture - boring.
- Poland (I'm Polish and I use Polish Windows) - it isn't even Poland xD
RESULT: Only too good wallpapers - not well.
Windows Vista:
- img24/36,25-29 - I don't like this style (Aurora?)
- Black and White - img3 (a city) is interesting, the rest - not.
- img5/32 - XP?
- img6,8,11 - too green.
- img7 - I very like these stones.
- img9 - tree. When I look at the window, I can see trees, so the wallpaper is boring.
- img10 - beautiful flower.
- Paintings - no.
- Vista but img24/36 - there are beautiful.
RESULT: I like 10 of 29 wallpapers - very good result. The best Windows' wallpapers.

Eggs6131

Post by Eggs6131 »

Wow, that uncropped "Riverside Sunset" picture is beautiful! *scales up and sets as wallpaper*

Windows 8 wallpapers, meh, they're boring. They're either close-ups, lines or 2 flowers. I don't rate them at all :\

Windows 7, I liked the Landscape wallpapers (with the exception of img9). The rest are boring or cartoonish, both things are not good for wallpapers.

Vista, yes, agreed, they're absolutely beautiful. The only exception really being img9 (tree trunk). That's just my two cents though.

Some of Windows XP's wallpapers were nice, but they've been around for so long that they've become quite generic looking. See this video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GM5Kw6LVYlk

os2fan2
Donator

Post by os2fan2 »

The wallpaper project that i uploaded has a second volume, which is mostly windows nt 6.x (ie vista, seven, eight), the files extracted mainly from the vims. (who in their right minds actually "installs" this stuff: we use windows 2000 here.

Apart from the wallpaper, i've been saving the avatars (the goofy pictures that appear on the start menu).