Windows NT Bootscreen in 2000

Discuss Windows 2000, NT, XP and Windows Server 2000, 2003, SBS 2003.
classiconthebox

Windows NT Bootscreen in 2000

Post by classiconthebox »

We know that NT 4.0 and older have a bootscreen with a blue background and text that shows the version of NT and the memory of the PC, while Windows 2000 has a GUI bootscreen. The question is, that can you switch the Windows 2000 GUI bootscreen to the bluescreen one from NT4.0? Or is it impossible, and I should use /noguiboot /sos (Lists out files like in Safe Mode) instead?

Windows OS

Re: Windows NT Bootscreen in 2000

Post by Windows OS »

classiconthebox wrote:We know that NT 4.0 and older have a bootscreen with a blue background and text that shows the version of NT and the memory of the PC, while Windows 2000 has a GUI bootscreen. The question is, that can you switch the Windows 2000 GUI bootscreen to the bluescreen one from NT4.0? Or is it impossible, and I should use /noguiboot /sos (Lists out files like in Safe Mode) instead?
/SOS actually reenables the older Windows NT boot screen. It just that in 2000 and XP, the text is placed in the same area where autochk is ran on. Heck, that even works in Windows 7, making it possibly the oldest graphical reminient of Windows NT before MS removed it with Windows 8 graphicing up everything.
Do Not Make Illegal Copies Of This Signature.
YouTube | Twitter | BA Wiki | BetaWiki

classiconthebox

Windows OS wrote:
classiconthebox wrote:We know that NT 4.0 and older have a bootscreen with a blue background and text that shows the version of NT and the memory of the PC, while Windows 2000 has a GUI bootscreen. The question is, that can you switch the Windows 2000 GUI bootscreen to the bluescreen one from NT4.0? Or is it impossible, and I should use /noguiboot /sos (Lists out files like in Safe Mode) instead?
/SOS actually reenables the older Windows NT boot screen. It just that in 2000 and XP, the text is placed in the same area where autochk is ran on. Heck, that even works in Windows 7, making it possibly the oldest graphical reminient of Windows NT before MS removed it with Windows 8 graphicing up everything.

Thanks! ^^

classiconthebox

PivotGuy246 wrote:
classiconthebox wrote:Image
Offtopic Comment
Well, the VM's title is CoD2 Testing, which means Call of Duty 2 Testing. What?
Offtopic Comment
When I tried to install CoD2 on Windows 8.1 it failed, so I tried it on this 2000 VM, then copied it over to 8.1, and it worked, and I tested CoD2 in the said Win2K VM and it worked.

Raritize

Post by Raritize »

/SOS is the best way to do it, as suggested above. There is no other viable method, at least with ACPI support.