Which Bulma do you prefer?

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

TonyDragonBallFan
Not-So-Newbie

Which Bulma do you prefer?

Post by TonyDragonBallFan » Fri Nov 20, 2020 2:21 pm

Dragon Ball, Z, GT, or Super? Which Bulma can you relate to the most?

DragonBallFoodie
Advanced Regular

Re: Which Bulma do you prefer?

Post by DragonBallFoodie » Fri Nov 20, 2020 2:33 pm

The one in her younger pre-marriage days.
"Don't take pleasure in destruction!" / "I will not let you destroy my world!"
A true hero goes beyond not the limits of power, but the limits that divide countries and people.

TonyDragonBallFan
Not-So-Newbie

Post by TonyDragonBallFan » Fri Nov 20, 2020 2:42 pm

DragonBallFoodie wrote: Fri Nov 20, 2020 2:33 pm The one in her younger pre-marriage days.
Fair enough. I can respect that.

MasenkoHA
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by MasenkoHA » Fri Nov 20, 2020 3:23 pm

I’d say Bulma circa Tenshinhan saga to Cyborg saga was peak Bulma.

KBABZ
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by KBABZ » Fri Nov 20, 2020 3:42 pm

Really gonna represent Bulma with just four images? IMO her range is much broader than that considering every arc or two has her age just a little. In OG-DB for example she goes from sprightly teenager to a young woman by the 23rd TB, and this progresses through Z as she becomes a mature mother. This image (one of my favourites) perfectly expresses this:

TonyDragonBallFan
Not-So-Newbie

Post by TonyDragonBallFan » Fri Nov 20, 2020 5:43 pm

KBABZ wrote: Fri Nov 20, 2020 3:42 pm Really gonna represent Bulma with just four images? IMO her range is much broader than that considering every arc or two has her age just a little. In OG-DB for example she goes from sprightly teenager to a young woman by the 23rd TB, and this progresses through Z as she becomes a mature mother. This image (one of my favourites) perfectly expresses this:

The reason why there’s four images to begin with is because I wanted to simplify things as well as representing each Bulma in Ball, Z, GT, & Super.

TonyDragonBallFan
Not-So-Newbie

Post by TonyDragonBallFan » Fri Nov 20, 2020 5:49 pm

MasenkoHA wrote: Fri Nov 20, 2020 3:23 pm I’d say Bulma circa Tenshinhan saga to Cyborg saga was peak Bulma.
Ok, I totally agree with that! I really do, actually! I would, however, slightly move her peak towards the Bojack Unbound movie. That outfit she wore in Movie 9 was a great way to finish her run as being that hot & cute!

mute_proxy
Advanced Regular

Post by mute_proxy » Fri Nov 20, 2020 5:57 pm

You again with the Movie 9 Bulma, seriously what is your deal? Periodically both on reddit and here you make new posts about Movie 9 Bulma's appearance lol. It's a fetish, right?

MasenkoHA
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by MasenkoHA » Fri Nov 20, 2020 6:24 pm

TonyDragonBallFan wrote: Fri Nov 20, 2020 5:49 pm
MasenkoHA wrote: Fri Nov 20, 2020 3:23 pm I’d say Bulma circa Tenshinhan saga to Cyborg saga was peak Bulma.
Ok, I totally agree with that! I really do, actually! I would, however, slightly move her peak towards the Bojack Unbound movie. That outfit she wore in Movie 9 was a great way to finish her run as being that hot & cute!
Not sure I understand your obsession with Bulma in the Bojack movie but I’d still considered it covered under the Cyborg arc since it was released just before it finished and takes place shortly after the events.

TonyDragonBallFan
Not-So-Newbie

Post by TonyDragonBallFan » Fri Nov 20, 2020 6:27 pm

mute_proxy wrote: Fri Nov 20, 2020 5:57 pm You again with the Movie 9 Bulma, seriously what is your deal? Periodically both on reddit and here you make new posts about Movie 9 Bulma's appearance lol. It's a fetish, right?
Dude, just quit it! You even made a stupid comment on my Reddit post dedicating to Hiromi Tsuru who passed away 3 years ago & yet you still wanted to talk about me being “fetish” for something. Look, I like what I like, it is what it is, if you have a problem with it then don’t bother replying to me because I’m not wasting time with anyone giving me that nonsense.

TonyDragonBallFan
Not-So-Newbie

Post by TonyDragonBallFan » Fri Nov 20, 2020 6:31 pm

MasenkoHA wrote: Fri Nov 20, 2020 6:24 pm
Not sure I understand your obsession with Bulma in the Bojack movie but I’d still considered it covered under the Cyborg arc since it was released just before it finished and takes place shortly after the events.
Because of all the outfits she’s ever worn, this is the best she’ll ever look. I keep bringing it up because it doesn’t get talked about as much & I feel like it’s ashamed that this outfit she wore in movie 9 is the greatest she ever looked & yet it doesn’t get much love as well as not being put out a lot on merchandise. Call it “simple” or “casual” sometimes even the most basic can look the greatest if you do it right, & that was the case with Bulma in that Bojack movie.

precita
Banned

Post by precita » Fri Nov 20, 2020 9:55 pm

60+ year old granny Bulma.

jjgp1112
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by jjgp1112 » Sat Nov 21, 2020 1:27 am

TonyDragonBallFan wrote: Fri Nov 20, 2020 6:31 pm
Because of all the outfits she’s ever worn, this is the best she’ll ever look. I keep bringing it up because it doesn’t get talked about as much & I feel like it’s ashamed that this outfit she wore in movie 9 is the greatest she ever looked & yet it doesn’t get much love as well as not being put out a lot on merchandise. Call it “simple” or “casual” sometimes even the most basic can look the greatest if you do it right, & that was the case with Bulma in that Bojack movie.
Because it's a single outfit worn in one single movie and unless you've seen the character design sheets you would have literally only seen her shirt for the 3 or so scenes she even had in it?
Yamcha: Do you remember the spell to release him - do you know all the words?
Bulma: Of course! I'm not gonna pull a Frieza and screw it up!
Master Roshi: Bulma, I think Frieza failed because he wore too many clothes!
Cold World (Fanfic)
"It ain't never too late to stop bein' a bitch." - Chad Lamont Butler

SuperSaiyaManZ94
I Live Here

Post by SuperSaiyaManZ94 » Sat Nov 21, 2020 1:49 am

Holy crap the third image of GT Bulma on the bottom left is so scary. That sinister grinning face of hers there is 31 flavors of nightmare fuel.

As for which era of her i prefer design wise and such, i'd say it's a toss up between Namek/Freeza and Androids/Cell arc.
DB collection related goals as of now:

1.) Find decent priced copy of Dragon Box Z Vol. 4 (Done)

2.) Collect rest of manga

3.) Get rest of Daizenshuu (2-7)

TonyDragonBallFan
Not-So-Newbie

Post by TonyDragonBallFan » Sat Nov 21, 2020 9:52 am

jjgp1112 wrote: Sat Nov 21, 2020 1:27 am
TonyDragonBallFan wrote: Fri Nov 20, 2020 6:31 pm

Because it's a single outfit worn in one single movie and unless you've seen the character design sheets you would have literally only seen her shirt for the 3 or so scenes she even had in it?

DestructoDisc
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by DestructoDisc » Sat Nov 21, 2020 10:12 am

Design wise, I prefer End of Namek saga Bulma, she was hooot with the long hair, and i'm more into dudes, but even I can admit that she was hot

Character wise, I prefer her in Super the most. I especially liked her in the Zamasu arc where she contributed a lot to the plot.

Cursed Lemon
Advanced Regular

Post by Cursed Lemon » Sat Nov 21, 2020 9:52 pm

DestructoDisc wrote: Sat Nov 21, 2020 10:12 am Design wise, I prefer End of Namek saga Bulma, she was hooot with the long hair, and i'm more into dudes, but even I can admit that she was hot

Character wise, I prefer her in Super the most. I especially liked her in the Zamasu arc where she contributed a lot to the plot.
Gonna go ahead and echo my man here. I like how involved Bulma was in the plot in Super, it saved the fighters from having to do the tedious legwork - not that I'd be opposed to that, but stick to your strengths, yeah?

And this is unequivocally her best hairstyle.

Special Beam Cannon!

(゚Д゚)σ 弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌⊃

precita
Banned

Post by precita » Sat Nov 21, 2020 10:01 pm

SuperSaiyaManZ94 wrote: Sat Nov 21, 2020 1:49 am Holy crap the third image of GT Bulma on the bottom left is so scary. That sinister grinning face of hers there is 31 flavors of nightmare fuel.
She was possessed by Baby and was a Tuffle slave in that shot. Scary.

SuperSaiyaManZ94
I Live Here

Post by SuperSaiyaManZ94 » Sat Nov 21, 2020 10:21 pm

precita wrote: Sat Nov 21, 2020 10:01 pm
SuperSaiyaManZ94 wrote: Sat Nov 21, 2020 1:49 am Holy crap the third image of GT Bulma on the bottom left is so scary. That sinister grinning face of hers there is 31 flavors of nightmare fuel.
She was possessed by Baby and was a Tuffle slave in that shot. Scary.
Yes, but one of the vast number of people on Earth under the control of Baby's implanted eggs in said arc. Just looking at that shot of Bulma's face whenever it comes up as i'm watching makes my skin crawl every time. The first time i saw the episode many moons ago it really creeped me out for sure. To see a more or less main good character like her (albeit by influence of possession) with that expression is so unnerving.
DB collection related goals as of now:

1.) Find decent priced copy of Dragon Box Z Vol. 4 (Done)

2.) Collect rest of manga

3.) Get rest of Daizenshuu (2-7)

Psajdak
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Psajdak » Sat Nov 21, 2020 10:43 pm

I think all of her designs are fine, I have no specific favorite, but I must say that I was never a fan of her afro hairstyle - her outfit is nice, though.

Here are also some that I find good...