Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

48 ida's with porsche shroud
Page: 1, 2  Next
Forum Index -> Performance/Engines/Transmissions Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
begood56vw
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2017 8:30 pm    Post subject: Re: 48 ida's with porsche shroud Reply with quote

Just wanted to post an update to my carburetor linkage issues. I ended up getting a sync linkage and it's working great. Thanks to all who replied.
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.
itHaKa
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2016 11:38 am    Post subject: Re: 48 ida's with porsche shroud Reply with quote

begood56vw wrote:
Well dang I got the second linkage from CB performance and it still won't work. Seems like I have backward manifolds. The CSP center section sits inside the shroud.
Any ideas? ]

looks like you have the bergmann shroud , i think csp linkage is designed for the csp shroud .
anyway in my case i had sharpbuilt and gwd shrouds and for both i had to trim the the csp central linkage to only use the first bolt in the case (closer to flywheel )
here is a video where you can see the csp linkage with idas

Link

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
SBD
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2016 9:59 am    Post subject: Re: 48 ida's with porsche shroud Reply with quote

Howard 111 wrote:
Bashr, nice looking engine compartment, but then, I'm a little partial to Ghias. Very Happy
Think Isn't that a Thing engine compartment? Very Happy

mark tucker wrote:
I wouldent waste $ or thyme on building a small motor. build it big so it dosent have to work hard.remember it's only as fast as your foot alows it to be unless you build a small turd then it just stinks as it squishes up through your toes when you step on it.
begood56vw
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2016 12:28 pm    Post subject: Re: 48 ida's with porsche shroud Reply with quote

Well dang I got the second linkage from CB performance and it still won't work. Seems like I have backward manifolds. The CSP center section sits inside the shroud. Any ideas? I think I might have to go with the sync linkage next. Well, I hope my mistakes helps others.

begood56vw
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2016 2:37 pm    Post subject: Re: 48 ida's with porsche shroud Reply with quote

HotStreetVw wrote:
Can you show a picture of the CSP linkage? It bolts to the front of the engine case (flywheel end), you will need to notch the shroud for the mounting bracket.

I tried to post some pictures on the gallery but I lost internet service. I will try again a little later. thanks
begood56vw
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2016 2:36 pm    Post subject: Re: 48 ida's with porsche shroud Reply with quote

vince1 wrote:
begood56vw wrote:
Nextgen,
Well I got the CSP linkage and it won't Work. Sad. The center section, when bolted to the engine, sits inside the shroud. Back to the drawing board. I'm sure this setup has been done before. I can't imagine being the first one. I just ordered the CB performance 3130. I hope that one works.

Are you sure you got the type1 with Porsche fan version?

this one : http://www.csp-shop.com/technik/pdf/deeng/21134.pdf

I ordered CSP # C31-129-941-100IDA from CIP1. It says that it'll fit with porsche fan shroud.
HotStreetVw
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2016 3:19 pm    Post subject: Re: 48 ida's with porsche shroud Reply with quote

Can you show a picture of the CSP linkage? It bolts to the front of the engine case (flywheel end), you will need to notch the shroud for the mounting bracket.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Howard 111
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2016 12:48 pm    Post subject: Re: 48 ida's with porsche shroud Reply with quote

Bashr, nice looking engine compartment, but then, I'm a little partial to Ghias. Very Happy
vince1
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2016 12:04 pm    Post subject: Re: 48 ida's with porsche shroud Reply with quote

begood56vw wrote:
Nextgen,
Well I got the CSP linkage and it won't Work. Sad. The center section, when bolted to the engine, sits inside the shroud. Back to the drawing board. I'm sure this setup has been done before. I can't imagine being the first one. I just ordered the CB performance 3130. I hope that one works.

Are you sure you got the type1 with Porsche fan version?

this one : http://www.csp-shop.com/technik/pdf/deeng/21134.pdf

Click here for my full pix detailed 2165 engine build with beehive valvetrain.

Sorry for my poor English, I'm a French guy ... Wink
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger Facebook Twitter Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
begood56vw
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2016 11:27 am    Post subject: Re: 48 ida's with porsche shroud Reply with quote

Bashr52, that looks very cool.
Bashr52
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2016 8:13 am    Post subject: Re: 48 ida's with porsche shroud Reply with quote

begood56vw wrote:
Tbirdusa, do u have info on the synclink set up or the person who make it? Thank u in advance.

http://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=1381017

I've got two sets of this linkage, its awesome.

begood56vw
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2016 7:41 pm    Post subject: Re: 48 ida's with porsche shroud Reply with quote

Tbirdusa, do u have info on the synclink set up or the person who make it? Thank u in advance.
Tbirdusa
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2016 7:30 pm    Post subject: Re: 48 ida's with porsche shroud Reply with quote

The Synclink would look bas ass on that setup. It also appears quite flexible in mounting position and if out of the box its a no go, i am sure Slowtwitch Pete would work through it with ya.
begood56vw
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2016 7:03 pm    Post subject: Re: 48 ida's with porsche shroud Reply with quote

Nextgen,
begood56vw
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2016 10:18 am    Post subject: Re: 48 ida's with porsche shroud Reply with quote

Well, too late. Smile I already ordered the CSP Linkage. So if for some reason this one don't fit, any other ideas? I don't think I'm the first one to run this set up.
nextgen
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2016 7:14 am    Post subject: Re: 48 ida's with porsche shroud Reply with quote

It being a T-1 is good news, there were a few different Porsche fanhousings, so hopefully you have enough clearance to get at the center line of the case to mount the bell crank.

Check to see if you have room before you buy it.
LETS TALK DUBS https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=joe+cali+ghia https://letstalkdubs.libsyn.com/ep-200-joe-cali-ty...qI3xJTCzjs
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
begood56vw
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2016 9:36 pm    Post subject: Re: 48 ida's with porsche shroud Reply with quote

Hotstreetvw
Thank you for posting the pictures. I will order the CSP linkage tonight and post my findings. Thanks again for the information. Smile))
HotStreetVw
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2016 9:31 pm    Post subject: Re: 48 ida's with porsche shroud Reply with quote

Looks like t1 manifolds. If you look at the picture I posted, zoom into the top right corner. There looks to be room, but your just going to have to try it and let us know.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger Gallery Classifieds Feedback
begood56vw
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2016 9:29 pm    Post subject: Re: 48 ida's with porsche shroud Reply with quote

Nextgen,
It's a type 1.
nextgen
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2016 9:25 pm    Post subject: Re: 48 ida's with porsche shroud Reply with quote

Begood, what engine is it a Type I or a Type 4. If it is a Type 1 there should be enough adjustment, Type 4, no clue, but I am sure you can modify it.
LETS TALK DUBS https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=joe+cali+ghia https://letstalkdubs.libsyn.com/ep-200-joe-cali-ty...qI3xJTCzjs
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Performance/Engines/Transmissions All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: