Favorite accessories for 8th gen?

The relative dearth of accessories for the 8th gen is about my only disappointment, although I was aware when I purchased.

What are the best or favorites you know about?

I have:

RadGuard -- highly recommend

Honda 5/8" risers -- pretty good

MotoPumps 1.25" risers -- also pretty good.  They are about as high as you can go without restricting steering or changing cables...wish they were lighter.

Between stock, Honda, and MotoPumps...I'd say my favorite position is the Honda (MotoPumps also makes that size, cheaper).

Knight Design lowered pegs -- love 'em, but wish I had got the ones with rubber grips.  I'm probably going to.  I like the stock look better than the black I got.  I still use the stock pegs sometimes, too.

Honda hard cases -- pretty good, only used them once so far, probably too much $ but WTH

Akropovic -- love it

Not exclusive to bike:

Nelson-Rigg magnetic tank bag -- can't seem to find mine on their site anymore, but I rarely leave home without it.  It is a small one, but is so useful and fits like it was made for the bike.

Nelson-Rigg CL-1060-ST  tail bag -- perfect fit, loved that they used the 8th gen in their pictures.  My HJC RHPA ST fits in.

• Member Contributer

Scotoiler's Crampbuster for long straight roads.

Rotate out of the way in town and twisty bits. :-)

• Member Contributer

45l top box, Panniers, Akrapovic exhaust,  ohh and that quickshifter.

After market.   Ventura shield, fender extender, rad cover, scottoiler, finks harness,  bagster tank cover.  

5 hours ago, Dutchy said:

Scotoiler's Crampbuster for long straight roads.

Rotate out of the way in town and twisty bits. :-)

Oh, I forgot I have a Go Cruise throttle lock.  Forgot, because I almost never use it.  That's partly because I live in Tennessee and rarely can use it--not many long, straight, flat roads here, and partly because I don't like it.  It sits in my tank bag in case I ever go to Kansas, I guess.

I like the principle of the crampbuster better, but wonder if it would be in my way...

• Member Contributer

Yeah I have the Go-Cruise but never use it.

I rotate the crampbuster forward if not needed on a ride. It is there but not annoyingly.

It can me removed/fitted with not worry, unlike the 1.0 (non-adjustable) Go-Cruise that just snapped.

No such worry on the 2.0 but like I said, it is a gadget I've yet to use in earnest...

• Member Contributer

Cortech tailbag.  It stays on my bike.  Tank bags bug me.  The Cortech tail bag expands for more stuff on overnight stays and has room for tools, tire repair kit, duck tape, lunch, water, Uzi, you name it, without being obtrusive in any way.  Best buy for an accessory I ever made thanks to Bailyrock's recommendation several years ago.  

• Member Contributer
1 hour ago, Bent said:

Cortech tailbag.  It stays on my bike.  Tank bags bug me.  The Cortech tail bag expands for more stuff on overnight stays and has room for tools, tire repair kit, duck tape, lunch, water, Uzi, you name it, without being obtrusive in any way.  Best buy for an accessory I ever made thanks to Bailyrock's recommendation several years ago.  

Neat bit of kit indeed. Useless if you have a pillion tho.

Not exclusive to the bike but the Stebel Nautilus is my favorite accessory, gives drivers the appropriate scare when they don't look.

I've been debating between the cortech 2.0 or the Nelson. I like that the Nelson can be used as a backpack if you have a pillion but not sure how practical that is if you have to re strap it every time

My Kappa tank lock bag is the best money I've spent so far. I don't leave home without it. Some sort of throttle lock is next on the list. Just not sure which one yet. 

image.jpeg

• Member Contributer

I use a small Givi tankloc system/bag. Fitting ring goes on at fuel cap, bag "clicks" and locks on. You can get various sizes, this small one carries stuff that would be otherwise be in my pockets. Pretty sure I could get enogh in it for a night away though.

IMG_0240_zpsw4f9jhtt.jpg

7 hours ago, Nelix said:

I use a small Givi tankloc system/bag. Fitting ring goes on at fuel cap, bag "clicks" and locks on. You can get various sizes, this small one carries stuff that would be otherwise be in my pockets. Pretty sure I could get enogh in it for a night away though.

I used the med sized tank local on my last bike and loved it.  I prefer to keep stuff like my wallet, house keys, cell phone, coffee thermos and such in the tank bag and not on my person.  

For those that don't understand  or haven't  researched it before.  You replace the top ring around your fuel cap, the kit comes with longer bolts, and the bag clips onto the ring without touching the paint on the tank. First benefit : it holds your stuff, 2nd: it doesn't touch your tank, 3rd: it clips on and snaps off on a second, reliaby every time

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

• Member Contributer

Hands-down......the centerstand, but it's a job to install.  The exhaust has to come down.  If you get the Deluxe, it has one already.

Hands-down......the centerstand, but it's a job to install.  The exhaust has to come down.  If you get the Deluxe, it has one already.

Definitely the centerstand. You can find them online for substantially less than going through your dealer. Also, if you shorten the right side bolt (left handed thread provided with the stand) you don't have to loosen the exhaust.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

• Member Contributer

TheRedd.  I considered shortening the bolt but elected not to in the end.  One of the reasons is that I couldn't easily find a shorter bolt that was left handed thread.   And why is the bolt left handed thread anyway?  The stand goes up and it goes down.  The twisting forces on the bolt are both ways.  The left side centerstand bolt is right handed thread.  I see no reason why it needs to be left handed thread, but I'm sure I'm missing something.

• 2 weeks later...

Has anybody installed a PCV? Any notable changes in throttle response or VTEC changeover on either preset maps or custom maps? I'm thinking of getting one, but I don't really want to spend the extra for a tune at the moment, I'd rather get some luggage and upgraded seat stuffing.

• Member Contributer

Yes on the center stand.  I made that part of the deal when I bought the bike new.  

Question:  Does the Akropovic add any significant power or save much weight over the stock silencer?  I can take or leave the exhaust noise.  

• 4 weeks later...

Just standard Honda kit with mine: 45L top box & carrier, panniers, 12v electrical socket, pannier inner bags, akraprovic exhaust, quick shifter, tank pad, hugger.

Looking to add a tinted/dark screen and perhaps change the hugger to a white one247aabd19030f8cde08b96f4688c015c.jpg

Did you order the bags yourself? Did the rear trunk require both the rear carrier (08L73-MJM-A10) and the rear trunk base (08L74-MJM-D10)? It seems a little crazy that I'd need $800 worth of brackets and plates just to mount a trunk.

• Member Contributer
On 6/12/2016 at 8:10 AM, ManxVFR said:

Looking to add a tinted/dark screen and perhaps change the hugger to a white one

I fitted a white powerbronze hugger recently, also have the Puig dark screen.

• Member Contributer
18 hours ago, jhenley17 said:

Did you order the bags yourself? Did the rear trunk require both the rear carrier (08L73-MJM-A10) and the rear trunk base (08L74-MJM-D10)? It seems a little crazy that I'd need $800 worth of brackets and plates just to mount a trunk.

I got the top box at the same time I bought the bike, list price here for the carrier, base and box was nearly £600. $850

Oddly enough, the smaller of the two top boxes costs more.

• 1 month later...

Archived