Ju 87B cockpit photos

One-Oh-Four

Hello gents,

Is there anywhere on the Internet where I could find good pics of the Ju 87B Stuka cockpit? I have the Airfix 1/24th monster, so some extra fine details are called for with that large greenhouse canopy!

Thanks in advance for any assistance!

Cheers,

Erik.

If I recollect correctly there is a series of magazine/books called Cockpit from Germany which have some good stuff. I don't remember off hand which volume or issue it is though.

I'll check my library when I get home tonite n see if I can find some more info.

Sabre

Actually its Cockpit No 6, has a photo of a restored radio and line drawings of the pilots cockpit front half of the B1.

there is also a book called Junkers Ju 87 Stuka by Peter C. Smith from Crowood Aviation series which has lots of good photos of the exterior details but only one shot of the instrument panel.

Squadron in action has some good exterior photos but nothing on the interior

Famous airplanes of the world, same thing.

Thats all I have.

Sabre

Is there anywhere on the Internet where I could find good pics of the Ju 87B Stuka cockpit? I have the Airfix 1/24th monster, so some extra fine details are called for with that large greenhouse canopy!

Erik,

Ju 87 B cockpit photos that show anything other than the instrument panel are surprisingly rare, but the drawings below may help:

18150dpiQ8.jpg

17150dpi.jpg

16100dpi.jpg

I'm posting these scans under the standard "Fair Use" conditions, which I trust everyone here will respect.

Charles Metz

Having build the Ju 87B myself and have read up on the Airfix kit l can say that the Airfix 1/24 is the most accurate kit of the Ju 87B and until the Mossie now coming out was the most accurate 1/24 kit in the line. Enjoy it as l currently did

post-542-1257525170.jpgpost-542-1257525187.jpg

Gentlemen, thank you all very much! Some very useful info!

Sorry I couldn't reply sooner, I went to IPMS-UK Scale ModelWorld in Telford this weekend. Arrived home late last night. As always a GREAT show! Can't wait 'till next year!

Cheers,

Erik.