First Name
Beeny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco and 1977 Camaro
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
For the first week I had my new full size Bronco 2 Door Big Bend, I set the panic alarm off at least 3 times a day. Everytime was due to the panic button on my fob getting pressed in my pocket. It was really driving me a little crazy, not to mention my neighbors. As I didn't want to use ForScan or unplug anything, this was my fob fix, which took around 15 mins.

1) Unclip the fob to expose the battery.
2) Remove battery
3) Remove button panel
4) Pop out culprit button
5) File down area that makes contact with the inverted rubber nipple that depresses the button.

I decided against cutting out the rubber so that I didn't compromise it's dust and moisture protection. I can't get it to go off at all now. Peace on earth :)
Ford Bronco Deactivating Panic Alarm on Bronco Key Fob Fob 01
Ford Bronco Deactivating Panic Alarm on Bronco Key Fob Fob 02
Ford Bronco Deactivating Panic Alarm on Bronco Key Fob Fob 03

Fob 04.jpeg

Fob 05.jpeg

Fob 06.jpeg

Fob 07.jpeg
Sponsored

BroncoU812

Black Diamond
First Name
Zachary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2dr Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

👍 very nice. I've been setting mine off daily as well. Thanks for the write up

nottinbe

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I was setting mine off way to much too. I updated it with FORScan to be a double-click instead of a single click. There's also an option to disable it completely, but I think the double-click should prevent most of the accidental alarms.

EDIT: I initially missed where OP says he didn't want to use FORScan, but I'll leave this reply here for anyone who comes and may find it useful.

Keyfob Panic ButtonBCM726-62-01x*xxxxxxxx--0=disabled, 1=2 clicks, 2=one click (default)

Last edited:

bytheway

Badlands
First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I thought I was the only dumbass with this problem. Going to change it to double click with Forscan next time I have a chance.

Sponsored

KANE COUNTY ILLINOIS

Big Bend
First Name
SAL
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC YUKON
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Hey, what about having the Bronco running and you run back into the house, which makes the FOB honk the horn twice! Any way to disable that function? As for the panic alarm, I've been lucky to not have experienced that! I do have my FOB in a rubber sheath I bought on Amazon, which may be keeping me from hitting the button!

nottinbe

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Aman

Badlands
First Name
Aman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1998 M3, 2008 Armada, and 2022 Badlands ManSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Those keys cost a pretty penny! I can't imagine damaging one just to avoid using FORScan. 🤯

OP
OP
beenyroy

beenyroy

Big Bend
First Name
Beeny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco and 1977 Camaro
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Hey, what about having the Bronco running and you run back into the house, which makes the FOB honk the horn twice! Any way to disable that function? As for the panic alarm, I've been lucky to not have experienced that! I do have my FOB in a rubber sheath I bought on Amazon, which may be keeping me from hitting the button!
There’s a FORScan fix for that, I saw it on YouTube.

330SMG

Badlands
First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 F150 ,89 325i and 72 Dodge Charger SE
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Sponsored

Tswag

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
A less permanent method: (not sure how well this works, will give it a try over a few days and see)

I have had the same problem, I can't believe it isn't recessed or interlocked so it is harder to press. I don't want a "boy who cried wolf" phenomenon happening with my car alarm, so I need to reduce false alarms.

Without permanently altering the key, I added a piece of plastic (Orange custom cut zip tie) and glued it with removable glue to the area just under the membrane. This way, the alarm button cannot pivot and press the electrical button underneath. My alarm is the third button down since I have a manual transmission. I've tried pressing and it no longer actuates, and could be removed if you change your mind. (though there is a limit on how many times you can open your key as it is fragile)
Ford Bronco Deactivating Panic Alarm on Bronco Key Fob 20221012_013637.JPG

M4Madness

Base
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150 FX4
Your Bronco Model
Base
Mine went off twice today while in my pocket. Once while parking in front of the door at Autozone and walking in, and the second time while at a park eating ice cream on a bench. Both times resulted in embarrassment from everyone looking. Lol!

lapazleo

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 bronco badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Those keys cost a pretty penny! I can't imagine damaging one just to avoid using FORScan. 🤯
Forscan ain't none to cheap either if you don't already have it.

harpo

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
not as many as I thought
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I've set the alarm off 4 times the past week - now at least I have options. Thanks!

BroncoAZ

Badlands
First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2 Door Badlands manual, 2021 Tacoma TRD OR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I got fed up with mine today and lightly modified the internal plastic. I used an exacto knife to cut off the inside structure on the middle square. It wasn’t quite enough, so I used a 1/8” drill bit to drill the cavity a little deeper. The panic button still works, but it takes a deliberate press to activate. I did all three of my keys in about 10 minutes. Since I seldom use my unlock button (I use the smart handles on my Badlands High) I may trim the unlock button to make that press more deliberate as well.
Ford Bronco Deactivating Panic Alarm on Bronco Key Fob 9409E0A2-615D-4D31-A31B-6B8C7F0CD98B
Sponsored