Help us help you. By posting the year, make, model and engine near the beginning of your help request, followed by the symptoms (no start, high idle, misfire etc.) Along with any prevalent Diagnostic Trouble Codes, aka DTCs, other forum members will be able to help you get to a solution more quickly and easily!

Subaru Outback 2.5 misfiring on cylinder 1&2 only under load.

More
5 months 1 week ago #63795 by Bedard
2006 Subaru Outback 2.5i non turbo with a manual transmission.
Subaru Outback 2.5 misfiring on cylinder 1&2 only on accelerations(under load only and not in neutral). 
The engine has had the timing belt and components replaces with in the last 3 months and now it misfires on cylinder 1 and 2 on hard accelerations with a blinking check engine light then goes away as RPM drops. Coil was swapped with another that was laying around and spark plugs and wires are new.

What would affect both sides of the engine Cylinder 1 and 2? Timing could but why not all 4 cylinders then?

Thank you for the input.

Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 months 1 week ago #63813 by Tyler
Along with the timing belt, what other components were replaced, specifically? Cam or crank sprockets?

Has the engine or transmission been swapped previously?

If you clear the fault codes, start the engine and raise the engine speed above 4,000 RPM, can you get the MIL to come on and start flashing again?

More
5 months 1 week ago #63814 by Bedard
It won’t misfire while in park, only while driving. Cam and crank sprockets were never touched and the engine was rebuilt in 2015. I checked the timing and it’s spot on.

Misfires under load at about 4500rpm. Cylinder 1 misses the most. I ohmed the ignition coil and it’s within spec. Cam and crank sensors are next on my list to check. No other components have been replaced. I don’t think the vvt solenoid is oem and it’s right on cylinder 2 so I’m going to ohm it as well.

More
5 months 1 week ago #63825 by Speedwagon
Subaru coil packs are tested across 1-2 and 3-4. That seems like the common link between those 2 cylinders (and really nothing else is).

From a Subaru forum I'm on (for a 99, but I think it's the same for 2006):

The coil will measure 12,800 ohms +/- 15% for each section - measure between #1 and #2 towers then #3 and #4 towers.

Time to create page: 0.213 seconds